Saturday, June 3, 2017

Eggless Pav Buns, Pav Bread


          Pav Buns or Pav Bread has been on my do-list for a long time, and I don't know the reason for not baking them until now. We have Pav Bhaji for dinner, but whenever I made it, I bought the buns from the store and just made the bhaji only at home. But once I started baking my own bread at home, I wanted to make these buns also at home itself. For today's post, it's going to be Pav Buns made with plain flour or maida, but I am sure that, the next time I bake them, it'll be with whole wheat flour, but once in a while we can enjoy these soft and pillowy buns with all purpose flour..

Need To Have

  • All Purpose Flour/ Maida - 2 cups
  • Warm Milk - 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
  • Instant Yeast - 2 teaspoons
  • Sugar - 1 tablespoon
  • Milk Powder - 1+1/2 tablespoon
  • Butter - 4 teaspoons
  • Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
  • Milk & Butter to brush the top of the buns

Recipe video here

Method


          Take the milk in a bowl, add the yeast and sugar and leave it for 10 minutes till the yeast foams up. Add the all purpose flour, milk powder and salt and mix everything into a sticky mass.


          Now add the 4 teaspoons of butter and knead it for about 15 minutes to get a sticky dough, apply some oil, cover and leave it to rise for an hour.


          Punch down the dough, dust your hands with some flour, place the dough on a surface dusted with some flour and knead it for a minute. Then roll it out as shown in the picture, and divide into 16 portions.


          Grease an 8 x 8 pan, roll the dough into smooth balls and arrange them closely as shown. Cover and let it rise for another 45 - 50 minutes. Then brush the top with a little milk and bake them in a preheated oven at 200 C for 15 to 20 minutes till the top turns golden brown in color. Remove, brush the top with some butter and let it cool.


Note
Oven timings vary, keep the tray in the center of the oven.
Once the buns cool down, the top might look dry, but the buns will be really soft.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Homemade buns are the best. Your bun pavs look so soft and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats the fresh bread right out of the oven! These are super soft and yummy, Hema.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too made these some time back,perfect spongy ones dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! these buns look awesome. I have never made buns at home but I want to. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. I will try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! homemade is always the best! Buns look so soft :)

    ReplyDelete