Need To Have
- Quick Cooking Oats - 1 cup
- Red Poha/Rice Flakes - 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour - 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Chopped Carrots - 1/2 cup, heaped
- Grated Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Green Chilly - 1, chopped
- Curd - 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander - 2 tablespoons
To the oats, poha and rice flour, add the green chilly, paneer, carrots, cumin seeds, curd, then adding water, grind it, the batter should have the consistency like that of a dosa or pancake batter.
Add the salt and the chopped coriander and mix it well. Heat a pan, grease it with oil, add a ladle of batter, cover and cook till the top looks cooked and set, flip and cook the other side too till you see brown spots on that side also, remove and serve.
Actually I tried the uthappam without the rice flour, but it was very hard to flip it, it became messy, so I added the rice flour.
I have used about 2 cups of water to make the batter.
I didn't spread the batter, I made small uthappams, don't spread the batter too much, they should be slightly thick.