Today's post is a simple and flavorful rice with Chana/Chickpeas/Kondaikadalai and Coriander/ Kothamalli. Fresh coriander leaves is ground with other spices, sauteed with onions and then mixed with cooked rice and chickpeas and this is a perfect lunch box recipe. Serve it with some chips/ papadams and raitha/curd for a complete and delicious meal..
Need To Have
- Rice - 1 cup
- Chickpeas/Chana - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon - 1" piece
- Cloves - 2
- Onion - 1 medium, chopped
- Garam Masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander - 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 1 cup, packed
- Ginger - a little bigger than a 1" piece
- Coriander Seeds - 2 teaspoons
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chillies - 2
- Grated Coconut - 2 to 3 tablespoons
Cook the rice and let it cool. Cook the chickpeas, drain the water and keep.
Grind together all the ingredients given under ' to grind ' into a paste and keep.
Heat a mixture of oil and ghee, add the cinnamon and cloves, when it starts to sizzle, add the chopped onions and saute till translucent. Then add the paste, salt and saute for about 5 minutes, sprinkle some water if the mixture sticks to the pan.
Then add the garam masala and cooked chickpeas and mix everything.
Then add the cooked rice and mix everything on low heat and finally garnish with the coriander leaves and remove..
Rice should be well cooked but not mushy.
If you like, you can add a tomato and saute with the onions.