Monday, February 1, 2016

Boondi And Bread Pudding


          Boondi And Bread Pudding, a delicious dessert that I had made years back and then totally forgot about it. I remembered that it's a Sanjeev Kapoor recipe, but I couldn't remember from where I got it, then suddenly couple of weeks back, when I was going through some of my cookery books, I found it. And also, I had some leftover ladoos and all the ingredients needed for the dish, so I went ahead and made it the same day. Making rabri takes some time, but you can replace it with condensed milk, apart from that, this pudding is so easy to make and it tastes really delicious..

Need To Have

  • Motichoor Ladoos - 2
  • Bread Slices - 3, cut across into triangles
  • Rabri - 3/4 to 1 cup
  • Almonds - 5, blanched and chopped
  • Pistachios - 5, chopped
  • Cashews - 5, broken into halves

Method


          Break the ladoos into boondi. Make and keep the rabri ready, or can use condensed milk.


          Heat a little ghee, toast the cashew pieces, remove and keep. Adding more ghee, toast the bread slices till golden on both sides, remove and keep.


          Chop the almonds and pistachios. In a baking tray, arrange half the bread slices, spread half of the boondi, pour half of the rabri.


          Finally, arrange the remaining half bread slices, boondi and rabri and garnish with the almonds, pistachios and cashews. Bake it at 220 C for 10 minutes. Remove, sprinkle some rose water on top and serve. I didn't have the rose water, so left it.


Note
Rabri would be definitely more tasty than condensed milk.
I didn't measure how much boondi I got when I broke down the ladoos, but I have used big lemon sized ladoos.
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Can we use a pressure cooker to do the same. ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, the boondi and bread will all become soggy..

      Delete
  2. wonderful combination for a lovely looking dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting combo.. Looks very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooow...lovely dessert. ..want to taste it dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fusion dessert which can be made quickly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CD relate with your anecdote so easily as the same thing happened with me also, i had seen and tried this recipe by sanjiv kapoor years back, used to search fr this but no luck...and then I found it one fine day on his website. Please help me with one doubt though will it taste gd if served hot or when cold? Expecting a quick help as am going to make it for my kitty tomorrow morning. Thx

    ReplyDelete