Most of us like potatoes, especially the potato fry, very few kids (adults too) can stay away from French Fries. It is a very versatile vegetable that can be used in many kinds of dishes, be it a dry curry, a kurma or fritters and also combines well with other vegetables. For today's curry I have combined potatoes with capsicum or green bell peppers, once again a very yummy combo, goes well as a side with rice and dal or also with rotis..
Need To Have
- Potatoes, peeled and cubed - 1 + 1/4 cup
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Make a powder with all the ingredients given under 'Spice Powder'. Heat oil, add the mustard and cumin seeds, when it starts spluttering, add the potatoes, turmeric and salt. Saute it uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes, till it's 3/4 th cooked, then add the capsicum, saute for a minute, then cover and cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Finally add the spice powder, mix everything together for 2 or 3 minutes. Remove and serve it warm with rice or rotis.
You can also add some grated coconut at the end.