With the hot weather outside, you don't feel like eating anything heavy, salads seem to be perfect for these days. I had some cooked black-eyed peas, made a salad with it along with some pineapple and cucumber, it is a very refreshing salad, wholesome enough for a light lunch..
Need To Have
- Cooked Black-Eyed Peas - 1/2 cup
- Chopped Cucumber - 1/2 cup
- Chopped Tomatoes - 1/4 cup
- Pineapple Pieces - 1/4 cup
- Lime Juice - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander - 1 tablespoon
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
Mix together the black-eyed peas, cucumber, pineapples, tomatoes. Add the lime juice, salt and pepper and serve garnished with the coriander leaves.
Serve it as a cold salad or even as a salsa or dip with some corn chips.
Can also add some chopped green chillies for more spiciness.